Zymeworks is a publicly listed (NASDAQ:ZYME) clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation, bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks' suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Why Work With Us
Nothing is more critical to our success than the quality of our team. The work we do is meaningful and impactful - we care about each other as well as the patients we serve. We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Zymeworks is proudly headquartered in our brand new, net-zero facility located in the vibrant Main St biotech hub of Vancouver, BC, with operations in Bellevue, WA, Dublin, Ireland, Singapore and the Bay Area.
This role will be based out of our Vancouver office and lab facilities, and is full time onsite.
- Applies preclinical in vivo mouse pharmacology models to enable translation of cancer therapies.
- Handles mice (awake and/or under gaseous anesthetic, or after euthanasia) including subcutaneous, intraperitoneal and intravenous injections, frequent tumor measurements, blood and tissue collection, and regular health monitoring.
- Prepares drugs using sterile BSL procedures for administration to mice.
- Thaws, prepares and injects human immune cells via intravenous injection into mice.
- Performs mouse study-related administrative tasks including regulatory documentation and inputting scientific data records.
- Coordinates ex-vivo sample management including sample receipt/collection, organization and archiving. Maintains complete and accurate records throughout the process.
- Maintains high levels of productivity, organization, and teamwork in the laboratory including the use of inventory management systems.
- Documents detailed observations, methods, raw and analyzed data and results. Explains reasons for variances.
- Maintains workspace (laboratory and animal facility rooms) and performs routine duties in order to keep areas stocked, clean, neat and in efficient operational order.
- Effectively organizes and schedules activities in the animal facility and/or laboratory with teammates.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with scientific standards, Canadian Council on Animal Care (CCAC) and OH&S regulations and established policies and practices.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees and management.
- Mammalian tissue culture, including the maintenance of multiple tumor cell lines using sterile technique, as well as the expansion, cryopreservation and thawing of cell lines.
- Support routine analysis of biological samples using ELISA and MSD assays as needed
- Assist with isolation and culture of lymphocyte populations from mouse organs for pharmacodynamic analysis as needed.
- Helps prepare basic written reports and analysis of experiments. Consults with others for data interpretation. Communicates results and analysis to working group.
- Minimum of BSc in a scientific discipline or Veterinary Technician Diploma and minimum 2 years hands-on experience in mouse husbandry and veterinary techniques, or an equivalent combination.
- Embody and champion Zymeworks’ values: Act with Integrity. Collaborate. Care.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to consistently perform tail vein injections to produce reproducible results is required
- Track record of working with and direct handling of small animal models (rodents) and performing procedures associated with test article administration and sample collection.
- Experience with mouse tumor models, including xenografts, in vitro cell culture techniques and/or immunological assays and syngeneic model experience is an advantage.
- Preparation and subcutaneous injection of tumor cell lines for initiating immuno-oncology models.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Working knowledge of regulations, standards and guidelines for care and use of vertebrate animals in research (CCAC guidelines) and animal care protocols.
- Commitment to performing work with the highest regard for animal welfare.
- Consistent and diligent attention to detail and excellent record keeping skills.
Dedicated work ethic and flexibility to work full-time alone and/or in a small team in an animal facility.
We offer a comprehensive total rewards package, which includes competitive salaries, generous benefits, an outstanding work environment, and excellent opportunities for professional growth. We regularly benchmark our compensation against leading biotechnology companies in our geographies.
Our team enjoys:
- Industry leading vacation and paid time off
- Excellent health and wellness benefits
- Zymelife health and wellness benefits
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community
- Matching country specific pension savings program
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Employee Equity Program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
NOTE TO AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our recruiting partners. We only accept resumes from those partners who have been contracted with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.