The Kapawe’no First Nation Health Centre is currently seeking applications for the position of Medical Transportation Driver. This position is a full-time permanent position.
Reporting to the Medical Transportation Coordinator and the Health Manager, this position will be responsible for driving clients to and from medical appointments at various facilities.
This position requires a high standard of professionalism. Adherence to the Medical Transportation Policy Framework and an adherence to guidelines as set out by the funding agreement between Kapawe’no First Nation and the Government of Canada is mandatory.
· Pre-trip inspections of medical van/car
· Ensuring proper recording of required log books
· Performing basic vehicle maintenance
· Assist with vehicle maintenance recording
· Maintaining the medical van/car cleanliness, exterior and interior
· Ensuring vehicle has no mechanical issues that would jeopardize safety of clients
· Provide back up support to the Medical Transportation Coordinator, data entry, scheduling, client inquiries.
· Performing various maintenance services for Health Center Funded Buildings when driving services are not needed
· Highly motivated with an ability to work independently
· Good communication skills
· Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance
· Exceptional driving skills, for any weather conditions
· Ability to drive in various settings, city and rural
· Ability to understand basic map systems
· Ability to work flexible hours, including overnight transportation services
· Valid Class 4 Drivers License and or higher level
· Valid safety tickets
· Must clear all required documents, Vulnerable Sector
· Must provide an up to date Drivers Abstract that will be reviewed as part of the application.
Job Type: Full-time
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19