You’ve just graduated and are now ready to begin your career, starting down a path that will allow you to apply everything you’ve learned in a job that you love! The Automatic Steel family is growing, and we are looking for a new grad interested in joining our team.
If you consider yourself a problem solver, strong analytically and not afraid to step up to the next challenge this may be the role for you.
Automatic Steel is a full-service metal distributor located in Barrie who offers wide range of products coupled with competitive pricing and excellent service.
The primary role of the Sales Representative is to provide exemplary service to the customer and manage the day-to-day activities for accounts assigned. The Sales Representative will work to increase market share, prepare mill offers, create sales/work orders, and help expand the sales portfolio through phone, email and in-person solicitation and assist in closing of business with new or inactive accounts. All the above will be done with a focus upon, customer service, maximizing profitability, optimum inventory management and return on investment.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both new and existing customers
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while achieving sales results on a consistent basis
- Communicate effectively with management and all other departments
- Well-developed time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and travel when required
- Must be solution oriented and have a clear understanding of what makes a sale profitable
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Creative and forward thinking.
- Meet or exceed the service levels required by your clients
- Ensure prompt response to customer needs or issues
- Proper daily inventory management practices to meet the company’s inventory goals (MRP review, aged inventory, obsolete inventory, finished goods, FIFO etc.)
- Maintain required information within Enmark System to ensure accurate account status for your book of business
- Ensure proper management of your account’s deliveries, in stock and on order positions and finished goods on the floor
- Data entry including but not limited to; sales order, work order, shipping order, release download, reporting etc.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with all departments within Automatic Steel /Venture Steel
- Ensure Automatic Steel / Venture Steel is performing in a manner that ensures customers perceive the company to be the “Service leader” in any given market.
Education and Technical Skills:
- College Diploma / University Degree in business or related discipline
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits
- RSP Matching Contribution plan
At Automatic Steel Inc. we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous, and compassionate, recognizing everyone's contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. Automatic Steel Inc. is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process if required due to disability. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: In person