The role of Hilti North America (HNA) Account Manager is the direct link between Hilti and the customer. This position will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and growing the customer base for HNA. Consistently recognized by Selling Power Magazine as a top company to sell for, Hilti is a world-leading manufacturer and supplier of quality, innovative, and specialized tool and fastening systems for professional users in a variety of construction trades.
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
- Make outside, face-to-face sales growing a loyal customer base within a designated geographical area while strengthening the company’s position or market share within the territory
- Develop, analyze, and manage business plans related to the customer database to effectively maintain and grow sales
- Using Time and Territory Management (TTM), zone territory by customer potential and previous sales, create/own daily schedule, and utilize sales productivity tools
- Demonstrate consultative selling; convince customers that they have a need for a product or service
- Demo Hilti products and services in person, face-to-face, with customers
- Identify the key roles on a jobsite project and understand their responsibilities and needs; obtain appointments with entry level decision makers at construction/ industrial companies
- Analyze and identify which customers to target, what criteria to use to select customers, and create business plans to identify customer potential and where product gaps exist in a customer’s current purchasing habits
- Collaborate with a variety of departments to be a successful account manager (materials management, logistics, credit, marketing, technical services, and customer service)
- Care for and maintain company assets, e.g. company provided vehicle, van inventory, laptop, and smart phone to minimize loss due to damage or loss inventory
- Participate in construction industry trade organizations to build relationships and network of contacts
- Additional duties as assigned
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people.
In addition to a competitive base salary and uncapped bonus potential, we offer a robust benefits package including a generous paid time off policy that includes vacation, personal days, health & wellness, and 2 days per year to give back in your local community, paid family leave, educational reimbursement and student loan assistance, RRSP matching, medical/dental/vision coverage, and a variety of other benefits to fit the needs of our employees.
We will give you the tools you need to succeed through hands-on integration training and will support your continued professional development through ongoing training and mentoring, targeted leadership programs, and opportunities for international assignments in any of the 120+ countries in which we operate.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- One (1) year prior experience in customer service and/or sales working directly with customers preferred (either over phone or face-to-face)
- Some experience with reading and understanding construction documents preferred
- Previous experience of preparing professional sales presentations and quotes for customers
- Demonstrated aptitude of cold-calling skills at customer offices and jobsites required
- Clear career progression with no more than 2 companies in the last 5 years
- Ability to thrive both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop engaged customer relationships and effectively implement strategic concepts
- Excellent time and territory management skills
- Must be persuasive, sales driven, customer focused, and a team player
- Must be able to build prospects and business relationships
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite and smartphones
- Must maintain a professional business appearance in accordance with HNA dress policy at all times
- Career advancement may require domestic and/or global mobility
Vehicle/ Driver’s License Requirements:
- Company vehicle provided for carrying tools/fasteners for product demonstration purposes
- A valid G license or Class 5 with clean driving abstract: Maximum of 4 demerit points for the previous 3 years, no major violations in the last 12 months and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period.
- Account Manager has responsibility for prudent care and protection of company assets
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Combination of home office, meetings, driving company vehicle to make sales calls at customer’s office, and making jobsite visits will be expected. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Adverse Working Conditions:
- Job requires walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, and may include climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs during all seasons of the year
- Construction jobsites may also expose Account Managers to excessively loud noises; ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some jobsites
Safety Equipment Required:
- Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for working jobsites; must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti, Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COHSR), and General Contractors
- Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb ladders and scaffolding, and able to lift and carry as much as 65 pounds