Role: Senior Software Engineer (React)
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.). Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 1000, and the Fortune 500 and we are among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
At Cognizant, we’re exploring new ideas every day. We help industry leading companies reinvent their business models and innovate products that create new value—by connecting people with things, insights, and experiences. Cognizant digital engineering designs, engineers and delivers digital products and experiences that drive digital-first business models. We offer the most comprehensive digital engineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainable I innovation.
Halifax, CA Or Mississauga, CA
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js, Riot, Saga and Redux.
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries.
- Peer to peer code review or extreme programming to improve code quality.
- Work on CI/CD pipelines under assistance.
- Develop PWA (Progressive Web App) using Service Workers.
- Discuss with customer business groups to understand functionality and come up with innovative ideas for web development for the best user experience.
- Undertake project specific proof of concepts to validate technical feasibility and implement with the guidance from the Application Architect.
- Discuss with offshore team on tasks to be done, and mentor junior members of the team.
- Performs design & code reviews for team members.
- Train, conduct interviews and build new high-performance front-end teams.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Overall 5-7+ years of software development experience.
- 5+ years React JS frontend development with backend integration experience.
- Must have hands-on development experience using React. Knowledge on UI Architecture pattern, hooks, CRA, webpack, SASS, LESS, etc.
- Experience in development RWD and SPA with ReactJS, Redux, Routers, jQuery, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3, GraphQL, ES6, Babel, Express, ESLint, TSLint, etc.
- Familiarity with unit, integration and automation testing and associated tools or libraries, e.g., Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Selenium, etc.
- Ancillary aspects of software development like IDE, CI/CD, SAFe, Agile, Story development across layers; Digital Engineering and Product Engineering basics.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to partner effectively.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities and a strong work ethic with the ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 13 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.