Old Orchard Inn offers an inclusive workplace, positive culture and is a fun environment to work in. We are looking to add a couple of PT/FT servers to our ranks, and are looking to fill these spots with amazing personalities that understand Maritime Hospitality and can treat our guests to a fantastic culinary experience!
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE
To offer a hospitable welcome to all guests and provide timely and professional service of food and beverage items in accordance with company policy.
1. Take and serve guest orders promptly and according to service standards.
2. Do all necessary set-up as assigned.
3. Answer any guest questions about the menu.
4. Operate the electronic cash register/P.O.S. system (where applicable).
5. Check food before serving it to guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
6. Welcome all guests achieving professional and courteous seating in the absence of the Supervisor/Host or Hostess to achieve guest satisfaction and even distribution of tables to servers.
7. Be informed on and able to “sell” all items on the menu assisting with guest choice as required and achieving or surpassing targeted average spends on food and liquor.
8. Achieve accurate recording/processing of all food and beverage orders in line with property standards and full and proper use of computerized systems where applicable.
9. Ensure prompt and professional clearing and resetting of tables in order to maximize on covers and revenues.
10. Achieve the timely and professional service of all food and beverage items ensuring full compliance with company polices and licensing regulations.
11. Be certified in the service of alcoholic beverages as required by company policy.
12. Carry out cashiering duties*/pass on fully completed bills* resulting in accurate billing of items and correct handling/security of cash, credit cards and room # charges in line with company policy (*delete as applicable).
13. Follow opening and closing procedures achieving standards required by company policy.
14. Answer the telephone promptly and courteously, accepting table reservations, room service/take-out orders and recording/passing on messages in line with property policy.
15. *Be competent in the setting up/service/clearing of food and beverage as applicable to meeting rooms/functions ensuring all items are recorded/charged following procedures laid down by property policy (*delete if not applicable).
16. Minimize breakage by neat and safe stacking of items at the dishwashing area in line with company policy.
17. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of standing and/or walking. Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
GENERAL STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To adhere to all matters relating to hygiene, health, safety and emergencyprocedures as laid down by law and by company policy.
2. To carry out any reasonable request.
3. To provide exceptional customer service with positive addressing of guest concerns/complaints in line with company policy.
4. To work and communicate in a professional and ethical manner with colleagues assisting where necessary to achieve standards required by company policy.
5. To be committed to achievement of the company, property and department Mission Statements.
6. To be a “sales person” by active promotion of property facilities and company/property specific promotions in order to contribute to overall profitability.
7. To assist with team member orientation/training within the department as required by company policy.
8. To maintain standards of punctuality, uniform /dress code as appropriate to position and personal hygiene as required by property and company policy.
9. To be aware of and comply with company and house rules.
10. To contribute to energy conservation and ensure safe usage/storage of all materials/equipment/chemicals as per manufacturers’ instructions.
11. To attend meetings as requested and to recognize the importance of contributing new ideas and initiative to the overall success of the operation.
12. To assist with cleaning duties in order to maintain a clean and well-organized work area in line with property policy.
13. To adhere to the Property Crisis Communication Plan to ensurethat inquiries from the media are responded to by the nominated spokesperson in line with company policy.
14. To contribute to the security of the building, company assets and guest/co-worker safety with full adherence to security procedures with proper handling of keys/cash as appropriate to the position following procedures laid down by company policy.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: From $14.50 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Food industry setting:
- Banquet hall
- Fine dining restaurant
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wolfville Ridge, NS B4P 2R2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person