Work Location/Business Address: 1988 Kootenay Street, Vancouver. V5M 4Y3.
Telephone: 604-473-4882 | Fax: 604-473-4898
WHY JOIN US?
Canada West Veterinary Specialists is an exciting full-service multi-disciplinary specialty referral practice with a dedicated 24-hour ERCC service.
At Canada West, you can look forward to continuous learning, unique cases within a highly dynamic, specialty environment, and growth through Canada West’s very own development program. This program allows our technician’s to excel through 5 different levels, and personalized training programs in both sedation and general anesthesia.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Starting Wage: $27.00/hr for new graduates
- Shift premiums for evening and overnight shifts
- We grow together with our monthly in-house Continuing Education presentations
- Subsidized extended health benefits
- 5 paid sick days per year
- Uniform allowance per year
- Wellness Spending account per year
- We provide employer paid Pet insurance that insures up to 2 pets
- Rewards and recognition program to recognize our staff’s hard work and contributions to our success
- We believe in your well-being and provide a company sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP) enabling access to caring professionals that can help access support related to fitness, physical health and mental well-being programs
- We have fun together with our hospital sponsored social events like; having Food Trucks visit us onsite, Halloween pumpkin carving contests, Annual Christmas Party, Pub Nights, etc.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must develop a thorough understanding of all common drugs/medications used, procedures and protocols within the Wards and ICU, as well as the ability to use all equipment safely and effectively
- Perform technical nursing skills such as: IV catheter placement, blood collection, urine collection (cystocentesis, catheterization), taking radiographs, etc.
- Ensure all patient information is documented and communicated with the Clinician on case, as well as team members during rounds
- Calculates, dispenses and administers medications at the direction of the Clinician on the case
- Performs other duties as required
*If contacted for the role, you will receive a full job description that includes a full list of duties and responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited program for Veterinary Technologists is required
- Registered Veterinary Technology designation preferred
HOURS OF WORK
Our Technicians typically work 10 hour days, 4 days a week but may be scheduled to work 5 days a week, 8 hour shifts in accordance with hospital need.
The typical start times for shifts are:
- Days: 6:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Swing: 12:00 pm – 10:30 pm
- Evenings: 3:00 pm – 1:30 am
- Overnights: 9:00 pm – 7:30 am
(These are general guidelines only – shift start and end times vary)
We thank all applicants for their interest in Canada West Veterinary Specialists, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $27.00-$36.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person