The person in this position contacts and assists clients and prospects to arrange needed auto, home, business, and life insurance contracts offered by the organization.
- Upon receiving a call, assists client by applying changes, and updates to the contract, taking care to meet the client's needs effectively, while advising and educating about possible gaps in coverage, and advising how best to eliminate the gaps.
- Creates a climate of trust, and educates and advises our clients on the benefits of our products, while adhering to the company's underwriting rules.
- Probes for information about coverage with competitors and follows up to provide quotes at the renewals.
- Willing to listen, and follow our proven sales systems.
- Willing to work hard.
- Smart enough to pass the licensing exams for general insurance, and life insurance, and successfully complete our required internal training programs.
These positions are with an independent contractor agent that is part of the Desjardins exclusive agent network, not with Desjardins Group or its subsidiaries. This agents’ employees are not employees of Desjardins. Independent contractor agents are responsible for and make all employment decisions regarding their employees.