Nucor Harris Rebar is North America’s leading fabricator, installer and distributor of concrete reinforcing steel and related products. Nucor Harris Rebar provides local service from rebar fabrication shops across North America. Each location is equipped with state-of-the-art fabrication equipment, however, it is OUR TEAM that makes the difference; driving our success with their knowledge, experience and know-how to get your job done. At Nucor Harris Rebar we respect, believe and invest in our people, who in turn deliver the highest level in service to our customers.
Nucor Harris Rebar Hamilton is searching for safety conscious individuals to join our team as Rebar Fabricators. Rebar Fabricators bend, cut, bundle and load reinforcing steel bars in accordance with customer orders to provide great service and product to our clientele. Be part of a great team and be part of something bigger!
This is a union position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar’s vision and values.
- This is an entry level position. Incumbent may operate any one of the following machines:
- Operate a shearing machine to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths.
- Operate a bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specified shape.
- Operate overhead crane to move, assemble and select material to be fabricated or shipped.
- Operate Fabmatic machine that cuts and bends reinforcing steel bars to specified shapes.
- Unload trailers and store material in storage bins.
- Assemble and load orders onto trailers for shipping.
- Operate power saw for cutting reinforcing steel bars to specified lengths.
- Operate a spray gun in the application of epoxy touch up or reinforcing steel bars.
- Maintain the shop or designated area in a clean and safe manner.
- Assist other employees in any of the above tasks.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must have basic math skills to be able to calculate bar measurements
- Must be committed to maintaining a safe working enviroment and adhering to shop safety policies and procedures
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be flexible to work day or afternoon shift
- Extended health, dental and vision care plan
- RRSP program with employer match
- Some heavy lifting may be necessary
- Working conditions can be noisy/ dusty/ hot/ cold
- Overtime hours may be required
Nucor Harris Rebar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Nucor Harris Rebar is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please contact us if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.