Responsibilities and skills:
- Ability to communicate professionally in person and by phone.
- Stock shelves and counters with merchandise.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to customers, utilizing product knowledge to promote sales.
- Enter register transactions accurately through use of POS system.
- Place orders for stock and special order products.
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable.
- This job requires knowledge of a variety of building materials. Candidate must be able to help customers find the correct product for their needs.
Job Type / Category
- Hardware and building supplies retail.
- Utilize knowledge of building materials including lumber, roofing, windows & doors, building hardware, plumbing, etc.
- Full-time, day shift hours. Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. Saturdays may be required.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years experience in industry an asset.
Medical/dental benefits are available after 1 year of service with the business.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Do you have an extensive knowledge of building materials?
Work Location: In person