Desktop Support Engineer
Location : Mississauga, ON
Job Summary –
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Technical Support Analyst is responsible for providing remote residences with support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment.
Within the scope of this position, the incumbent takes on a key role to continually provide an environment promoting a culture of client safety and freedom from harm and injury
Years of experience needed –
- 3 years IT Help Desk Experience along with
- Hands-on Level 2 desk side support experience
- To perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex server/workstation/network problems and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including repair for remote users as needed.
- To maintain end user productivity through preventative maintenance of IT assets.
- To ensure facility has a working backup and is monitored from time to time.
- To troubleshoot facility connectivity to Head Office through means of conversation with Internet Provider.
- To administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
- To ensure all machines in community have connectivity to the network and arrange for wiring to be completed when required.
- To develop and maintain an inventory of hardware and software for each community covered.
- To accurately document all issues and actions taken to resolve.
- Assess the needs and recommend solutions to improve productivity within the community.
- To implement and deliver day to day service and project roll outs to ensure completion targets and service levels are met.
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Develop and maintain standards and documentation
- Due the nature of the work some evening and weekend work will be required.
- On call rotation may be required
- 3 years IT Help Desk Experience in a similar environment
- Hands-on Level 2 desk side support experience with configuring and troubleshooting of software, hardware, network systems and various end user devices.
- Ability to manage a mixed workload of proactive management activities and reactive operational support activities
- Knowledge of call quality monitoring, Help Desk practices, root cause analysis.
- Experience in the use of the Office365 & Microsoft Azure. MOUS certification an asset.
- Knowledge of MDM an asset
- Administration and troubleshooting of printers
- Information Technology degree or Technical College Certificate in computer science or related specialty
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and network hardware
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
- Ability to conduct research into PC/Software issues and products as required using Internet as main search tool
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Participate as a strong, collaborative team player
- Excellent organization skills, proven analytical abilities and decision-making capabilities
- Willingness to travel to Client sites as needed
- Customer service oriented
MOUS certification an asset
Certificate in computer science
Mphasis applies next-generation technology to help enterprises transform businesses globally. Customer centricity is foundational to Mphasis and is reflected in the Mphasis’ Front2Back™ Transformation approach. Front2Back™ uses the exponential power of cloud and cognitive to provide hyper-personalized (C=X2C2TM=1) digital experience to clients and their end customers. Mphasis’ Service Transformation approach helps ‘shrink the core’ through the application of digital technologies across legacy environments within an enterprise, enabling businesses to stay ahead in a changing world. Mphasis’ core reference architectures and tools, speed and innovation with domain expertise and specialization are key to building strong relationships with marquee clients.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person