We are seeking a dedicated and customer-focused IT Service Desk Support professional to join our company's IT team. As an IT Service Desk technician, you will play a vital role in ensuring smooth IT operations by providing technical assistance to end-users, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, and escalating complex problems when necessary. Your exceptional communication skills, technical expertise, and problem-solving abilities will contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of our manufacturing processes.
- Serve as the first point of contact for end-users seeking technical assistance via phone, email, or in-person visits.
- Provide timely and professional support by diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and network issues for desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, and other peripherals.
- Assist users with account setups, password resets, and access permissions to various systems and applications.
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve incidents or service requests in a timely manner, ensuring minimal disruption to manufacturing operations.
- Coordinate and communicate with other IT teams, such as infrastructure and the solutions team, to address underlying technical issues and drive long-term solutions.
- Document and track all helpdesk interactions, issues, and resolutions in the ticketing system, ensuring accurate and thorough records.
- Follow established procedures to identify, evaluate, and prioritize incidents or service requests, and escalate more complex issues to higher-level support teams when necessary.
- Collaborate with other IT team members to identify recurring issues and contribute to the development of solutions or knowledge base articles.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of user guides, FAQs, and self-help resources to empower end-users to resolve common technical problems.
- Provide remote assistance to remote or off-site employees when needed.
- Stay up-to-date with technological advancements, industry best practices, and internal systems to deliver efficient and effective support.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field; relevant certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional, Cisco Certified Network Associate) are a plus.
- Proven experience (2-4 years) in a technical support or helpdesk role, preferably in a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- Solid understanding of hardware components, operating systems (Windows and/or Linux), and productivity software (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts, including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and troubleshooting connectivity issues.
- Familiarity with manufacturing-specific applications, such as Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software or Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), is advantageous.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a patient and empathetic approach to problem-solving.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple incidents concurrently.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and respond to urgent technical situations.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside regular business hours to support maintenance windows or critical incidents.
- Experience with remote desktop tools and ticketing systems.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies and processes.
- This position is primarily based in an office environment, with routine visits to manufacturing plants in the Windsor area.
- May require some lifting and physical activity to assist with hardware setups and troubleshooting.
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams, including developers, network engineers, and business stakeholders, to resolve complex issues.
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours to provide support during peak production periods or critical system incidents.