Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of 400 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good:
For Children. For Change. For Life.
IT System Administrator, Technology Services
Manager, Technology Services
Full Time Permanent
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
The IT System Administrator, Technology Services is an integral member of the Technology Services team and is responsible for the technical operations of key World Vision Canada IT systems. A solution-oriented individual collaborates directly with other functional areas and is responsible for maintaining and optimizing the integrations within the ecosystem, ensuring seamless data flow between systems.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in managing virtual machines, storage area networks (SAN), Office 365, cloud servers, corporate applications, and experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). Responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our organization's IT infrastructure and achieving key performance metrics. This role would be a hybrid role, largely remote, requiring approximately 20% of time spent in office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and support Active Directory, windows 2012-2019 Server environments, and Exchange 2016/0365.
- Administrate and support end point management systems, including SCCM, Intune and group policies.
- Manage and maintain virtual server environments (VMware and Azure), including installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Manage, monitor and optimize performance of storage area networks (SAN). Maintain backups and disaster recovery systems.
- Assist with cybersecurity tool management (EDR, ATP and patching).
- Provide support and administration for cloud applications, including Office 365, email, OneDrive, and SharePoint.
- Provide support for corporate applications, including installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Maintain the security and integrity of the organization's IT systems and data.
- Ensure compliance with organizational standards and regulations, such as PCI.
- Collaborate with other teams to optimize and improve efficiency of systems and applications.
- Collaborate with other IT team members and departments to provide seamless IT services to the organization, using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) as a guide.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and recommend solutions that align with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Track and report on key system performance metrics, including uptime, response time, and customer satisfaction.
- Support projects to optimize current system processes to scale for growth, efficiency, and automation.
- Updates and maintains system architectural diagrams and documentation. Develop and implement IT policies and procedures.
- Equips tier 1 & 2 support staff with information required to handle entry level system tickets.
- Deploy production updates during scheduled maintenance windows, largely afterhours. Updates include, but are not limited to, .Net (IIS), CRM, AD Schema Updates, Firewall, etc..
- Collaborate with other teams or Vendors to ensure that World Vision Canada’s standards are being met.
- Cross train, guide and equip other members of the Technology Services team to ensure organizational stability and flexibility.
- Provide after-hours support in the event of an outage of any of WVC’s critical systems.
- Provide after-hours support in the event of project-based work, or deploys/maintenance to, WVC’s infrastructure.
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent in training and experience.
- 5 years’ work experience in an IT administrative capacity.
- Experience working with:
- Active Directory and windows servers
- Exchange and Office 365
- Virtual Machines
- SAN Solutions and/or Cloud storage
- Networking Infrastructure
Why Consider Us?
- World Vision Canada has consistently been awarded Canada’s and the GTA’s top employers. Other awards granted are for financial transparency, marketing, customer service and for the work we do in the field.
- We are Canada’s largest development, relief and advocacy non-profit.
- We embody an agile mindset here.
- We offer competitive pay and benefits. Our comprehensive health benefits start at day 1 which includes a Health Spending Account. We match pension contributions up to 6% and give up a top-up for pregnancy & parental leaves up to 25%.
- You get extra time off for restoration. We close for an additional day on long weekends, 6 times a year. You can get up to six weeks’ vacation, plus paid sick days, personal days & wellness days.
- We offer a family-friendly, caring, and flexible work environment.
We bring life-saving support in times of disaster. We help poor communities to take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our Christian faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world - and that their wellbeing concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.
Canada's Top 100 Employers GTA Top 100 Employers
Our Core Values:
We are committed to the Poor. We are Christian. We are Stewards. We value People. We are Partners. We are Responsive.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.