Location: British Columbia - In Branch/Remote/Hybrid Options Available
Preference is given to applicants located in or near the communities we serve, which include Powell River, Courtenay, Cumberland, Bowser, Union Bay, Hornby Island, Texada Island, and Bowen Island.
Branch Support Representative
Be one of the many First Credit Union team members who say, “I love my job” - this resonates in our 5-star rating on Glassdoor and our standing as one of B.C.’s Top Employers. First Credit Union is a financial co-operative with branches in eight communities across the south coast of B.C., focused on the financial, social, and environmental well-being of our members and the communities we serve.
First Credit Union is looking for an experienced financial service professional to join our Powell River team as a Branch Support Representative to improve the financial well-being of our communities! The Branch Support Representative is responsible for providing a wide range of administrative support to all areas of branch operations in order to contribute to a high level of member service. In this role, you will collaborate closely with branch managers and employees, providing operational and system support, this includes preparing and processing necessary documentation to support other departments such as lending and member services. You will work cross-functionally with other administrative departments in areas that impact the overall member experience.
This is a permanent, full-time position.
- Compile spreadsheets, reports, statements and other documents, as needed.
- Update and maintain databases, records and systems.
- Review information to ensure accuracy, perform auditing, and review support when required.
- Complete property searches, registration of securities credit checks and bank confirmations.
- Serve members with their member service and lending needs.
- Support our lending teams with document creation.
- Work with third parties such as lawyers, appraisers, and accountants.
- Adhere to security procedures and policies, including audit and privacy as they pertain to the position.
- Exhibit a high commitment to member-client relationships by promoting the concept of relationship building; cross-sell all First Credit Union products and services, and refer members to other departments, such as wealth management, member service or insurance partners when appropriate.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Secondary school diploma.
- Two years experience in the financial services industry.
- Education or equivalent experience pertaining to financial products & services, personal financial planning, and consumer & residential mortgage lending.
- Demonstrated accountability for both personal and department-assigned growth, goals and targets.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following skillsets:
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- The ability to multi-task and problem-solve, with strong organizational skills and emphasis on time management and prioritization. This includes meeting requests from multiple individuals.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a service-oriented focus.
- Familiarity with online services such as personal property registry, credit bureaus and land titles.
Why work for us?
- Take advantage of opportunities for career development including continuous training, education support, and career planning.
- Embrace our commitment to employee wellness including a comprehensive employee and family assistance program and a wellness spending account.
- Enjoy a competitive compensation package including generous benefits, profit share, and pension programs.
- Be part of a company that is dedicated to making a meaningful community impact.
Who should apply?
To support employment equity and diversity in the workplace, we welcome applications from all groups, including visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity at First Credit Union. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, and beliefs that support a diverse, respectful, and inclusive work environment.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $24.17-$28.23 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Powell River, BC V8A 3B5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Financial services: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Powell River, BC V8A 3B5