Allandale Veterinary Hospital is searching for a caring, compassionate, highly organized animal lover who would like to join a fast-paced, highly skilled team of veterinary professional. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who understands the importance of exceptional client/patient experience and who would like to make a real difference. Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you. Here are some more details:
- Triage client concerns to ensure appointments are booked accurately
- Effectively deal with incoming emails, texts and faxes.
Efficiently and accurately collect payments.
- Book any future appointments within the designated time.
- Ensure daily reports and tasks are completed.
- Admit patients for appointments, surgery, etc.
- Weigh patients upon arrival for appointments.
- Interact with clients and patients and provide any required assistance while maintaining and providing quality service. Greet both client and patient by name.
- Counsel clients with regards to basic nutrition, pre and post-operative care, provides treatment instructions, etc.
- Promote our goods and services to clients.
- Handle any client concerns or questions. If unable to answer, direct to the appropriate Veterinarian and Hospital Supervisor.
- Accurately place medication and food orders.
- Coordinate and ensure a smooth client and patient flow within the hospital.
- Ensure cleaning duties are carried out as per the cleaning checklists.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Strong ability to provide empathy, understanding and emotional support to clients.
- A calm and caring demeanor when interacting with patients.
- Comfortable and passionate about working with all types of animals.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work cohesively with all employees as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal & written) and telephone etiquette skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent data.
- Minimum of 2-3 years as Client Services Representative, preferably in the Health Care field (animal or human).
- Must be comfortable with current technology. Proficient with the following computer environments: Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and Outlook.
- Flexible to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends.
Desirable Qualifications (but not required...we are happy to train):
- Previous experience (minimum 1 year) in a veterinary hospital.
- Working knowledge of Cornerstone software.
- General understanding of medical terminology.
If you possess the above skills along with a love of animals, please apply with a COVER LETTER and your RESUME to join our team!
Hiring Manager Cook, Natasha